Friday, February 13, 2009

There's Always Something

I have been pretty full of joy lately.

I got home from Thailand about a month ago. Since then I have had something major to look forward to all the time.

#1. Being at home was (and still is) very great.
#2. Going back to work was exciting... on the first day...
#3. Our housewarming party was pretty awesome. I experimented with having no expectations, and therefore my expectations were not seriously disappointed. It was such a great time.
#4. Being back at church was pretty good. I got to meet a few new babies.
#5. I got winter tires for my bike.
#6. My choir started. It was supposed to start on Tuesday, but nobody came. I was okay though, because my expectations were NIL. Then I thought nobody was going to show up on Saturday, but 3 girls did. I'd be okay if they were the only girls in the choir forever. They have nice voices and personalities.
#7. I got geckos! Romance and Irie are pretty great. Unfortunately, I saw a male adult gecko last night and he had big ugly balls. I hope my geckos are females.

My life is just a pretty good thing these days. I've heard some spiritually stimulating speakers and I've had some spiritually stimulating facebook conversations. I have some really good friends and I live with really good people. I like my job. I like making crafts. Life is nice. I like a life like that.

But I feel out of joy today.

Even though I like my job, I was unmotivated and bored this week. Long and boring meetings are to blame for that.

Last night I heard that a 16-year-old boy who is very connected to Camp Nakamun killed himself yesterday. I couldn't fall asleep very easily last night, but how in the world is his family ever going to sleep again?

I don't know.

I thank the Lord for the opportunity to have a nap today...

No comments: