Saturday, February 28, 2009

What To Expect When You're Expecting

I have 2 particular ex-boyfriends: the first one taught me that I can break my own heart; the other one taught me that I could break his heart. These lessons were learned years ago, but the first lesson keeps coming back to haunt me.

I broke my own heart by making my expectations unreachable. They were unreachable within the particular relationship and they are still unreachable within the connections I once had because of that relationship. Boy #1 has friends and family that I really admire. I was once friends with them, now I am only  acquainted with them. 

I don't really understand why it still breaks my heart occasionally.  I could never have dreamed up a life as great as the one I am living now. I am so happy. 

I don't break my own heart too often, but it bugs me when I do.

No comments: